Cornrow braid hairstyles are a timeless and versatile way to style your hair. Whether you prefer a classic look or want to experiment with more intricate designs, there are plenty of options to choose from. In this article, we will explore 10 stylish cornrow braid hairstyles to try this season.
- Cornrow braids are a popular and stylish choice for various hair lengths and textures.
- Experiment with different cornrow patterns and designs to create a unique look.
- Accessorizing cornrow braids with beads or hair cuffs can add a fun and personalized touch to your hairstyle.
- Cornrow braided buns are a chic and elegant option for both casual and formal occasions.
- Maintaining cornrow braids requires regular moisturizing and scalp care to keep your hair healthy and vibrant.
1. Classic Straight Back Cornrows
The Classic Straight Back Cornrows are the quintessential style that has stood the test of time. Simple yet elegant, this hairstyle is perfect for those who prefer a traditional and neat look. It\’s versatile enough to be worn for both casual and formal occasions.
- Timeless appeal
- Easy to maintain
- Suitable for all ages
This style lays the foundation for many other cornrow-based hairstyles, making it a must-try for cornrow enthusiasts. It\’s also an excellent choice for those new to braiding, as it provides a straightforward pattern to follow.
2. Feed-In Cornrows
Feed-in cornrows are a trendy and seamless way to add length and volume to your braids. This technique involves gradually feeding in synthetic hair to your natural braids, creating a natural and flawless transition. Unlike traditional cornrows, feed-in braids are gentler on the scalp and edges, reducing tension and promoting healthy hair growth.
- Start with clean, detangled hair.
- Begin the cornrow with your natural hair.
- Gradually add in extensions to thicken the braid.
- Secure the ends with a hairband or thread.
The beauty of feed-in cornrows lies in their versatility. They can be styled in various patterns, sizes, and lengths to suit any occasion. Whether you\’re looking for a low-maintenance daily look or an elegant style for a special event, feed-in cornrows offer a chic solution.
3. Cornrow Braided Bun
The Cornrow Braided Bun is a chic and sophisticated hairstyle that elevates the traditional cornrow look to a new level. Perfect for formal events or a night out, this style combines the sleekness of cornrows with the elegance of an updo.
To achieve this look, follow these simple steps:
- Start by creating neat and even cornrows across your scalp.
- Once the cornrows are in place, gather them at the crown of your head.
- Secure the braids into a ponytail and then twist them into a bun.
- Use bobby pins to hold the bun in place, ensuring it\’s firm and stylish.
The versatility of the Cornrow Braided Bun makes it suitable for a variety of occasions, from professional settings to social gatherings. Its ability to keep hair neatly tucked away while still being fashionable is a testament to its timeless appeal.
Remember to maintain the bun\’s neatness throughout the day for a polished look. With proper care, this hairstyle can last for several weeks, making it a convenient and low-maintenance option for those with a busy lifestyle.
4. Side-Swept Cornrow Braids
Side-swept cornrow braids offer a chic and elegant twist to the traditional cornrow style. This hairstyle involves braiding the hair diagonally across the scalp, allowing the braids to cascade over one shoulder, creating a dramatic and feminine look.
The versatility of side-swept cornrows makes them suitable for both casual and formal occasions. They can be adorned with accessories like hair cuffs or rings to add a touch of glamour.
When creating side-swept cornrow braids, it\’s important to ensure that the tension is consistent to avoid any unnecessary stress on the scalp.
Here are some tips to maintain your side-swept cornrows:
- Keep your scalp moisturized to prevent dryness and flaking.
- Wrap your hair at night with a silk scarf to minimize frizz and maintain the braids\’ neatness.
- Avoid heavy styling products that can cause build-up and dull the braids\’ sheen.
5. Cornrow Updo with Natural Hair Puff
The Cornrow Updo with Natural Hair Puff is a chic and sophisticated hairstyle that combines the elegance of cornrows with the volume and texture of a natural hair puff. This style is perfect for those who want to showcase their natural hair while keeping it neatly tucked away.
- Protective style that minimizes hair manipulation and breakage.
- Versatile for various occasions, from casual to formal.
- Highlights natural hair texture with a stylish puff.
To maintain this hairstyle, ensure you moisturize your hair regularly and cover it with a silk scarf at night to prevent frizz and keep the cornrows neat.
- Start with clean, detangled hair for easier braiding.
- Use edge control products to smooth edges and enhance the sleekness of the cornrows.
- When creating the puff, use a gentle hairband to avoid tension and breakage at the base of the puff.
6. Box Braids with Cornrows
Combining the edginess of cornrows with the free-flowing nature of box braids creates a dynamic and versatile hairstyle. Box braids with cornrows allow for a variety of styling options, from elegant updos to casual, hanging braids.
- Start with cornrows at the front to frame the face.
- Transition into box braids towards the back for a voluminous effect.
- Maintain the health of your hair by moisturizing the scalp and braids regularly.
This style is perfect for those who want to protect their natural hair while still rocking a chic, intricate look. It\’s a great way to add length and texture without the commitment of permanent extensions.
Remember to keep your scalp nourished and your braids tidy to ensure your hairstyle stays fresh and stylish for as long as possible.
7. Cornrows with Beads
Adding beads to your cornrows can transform a simple hairstyle into a stunning piece of art. Beads add a playful touch and can be customized to fit any occasion, whether you’re aiming for a casual look or dressing up for a special event.
Choose from a variety of bead styles:
- Wooden beads for a natural, earthy vibe
- Colorful plastic beads for a fun, vibrant look
- Metallic beads for a touch of elegance
- Glass beads for a unique, sophisticated flair
When incorporating beads into your cornrows, it’s important to consider the size and weight of the beads to ensure they don\’t cause discomfort or damage to your hair.
Be creative with the placement of beads. They can be added to the ends of the braids, interspersed throughout, or used to create patterns along the scalp. The possibilities are endless, and the choice is yours to personalize your cornrow hairstyle.
8. Zigzag Cornrows
Zigzag cornrows add a playful twist to the traditional straight-back style. These braids zig and zag across the scalp, creating an eye-catching pattern that\’s both edgy and fun. This style is perfect for those looking to make a statement with their hair.
To achieve this look, your stylist will part your hair in zigzag lines instead of straight ones before beginning the braiding process. It\’s a meticulous task that requires precision, but the end result is worth it. Here\’s a simple guide to maintaining your zigzag cornrows:
- Keep your scalp moisturized to prevent itching.
- Wrap your hair at night with a silk scarf to minimize frizz.
- Avoid heavy products that can cause build-up along the braids.
Zigzag cornrows are not only stylish but also a great protective hairstyle that can last for several weeks with proper care.
9. Cornrow Ponytail
Elevate your everyday look with the sleek and sophisticated Cornrow Ponytail. This style is not only chic but also practical, keeping your hair neatly tied back while showcasing intricate braiding skills.
- Start by creating neat cornrow braids along the scalp.
- Gradually merge them into a single, high ponytail at the crown.
- Secure the ponytail with a hairband and wrap a small section of hair around it for a polished finish.
The Cornrow Ponytail is versatile and can be adorned with accessories like cuffs or strings for an extra touch of elegance. It\’s perfect for both casual outings and formal events, making it a must-try hairstyle this season.
The beauty of the Cornrow Ponytail lies in its simplicity and the statement it makes. It\’s a hairstyle that works for all occasions and is sure to turn heads.
10. Goddess Cornrows
Goddess Cornrows offer an ethereal and majestic twist to traditional cornrow styles. These braids are typically larger and adorned with accessories, making them perfect for special occasions or when you want to make a statement.
- Start with clean, detangled hair.
- Part your hair into large sections.
- Braid each section, incorporating hair extensions for length and volume if desired.
- Accessorize with cuffs, beads, or shells for a regal look.
Goddess Cornrows can be kept in for several weeks with proper care, including regular moisturizing and gentle washing. Remember to protect your hair at night with a silk scarf or bonnet to maintain the style\’s longevity and luster.
In conclusion, these 10 stylish cornrow braid hairstyles are perfect for adding a touch of elegance and flair to your look this season. Whether you prefer a classic braided style or a more intricate design, there is a cornrow braid hairstyle to suit every taste. Experiment with different patterns, colors, and accessories to make each hairstyle uniquely yours. Embrace your creativity and rock these trendy cornrow braid hairstyles with confidence!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do cornrow braids last?
Cornrow braids can last anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks depending on how well they are maintained and the growth rate of your hair.
Are cornrows braided hairstyles suitable for all hair types?
Cornrow braids can be done on most hair types, but it’s important to consider the texture and length of your hair to achieve the desired style.
Do cornrow braids damage hair?
When done properly and with care, cornrow braids should not damage your hair. It’s essential to avoid tight braids that can cause tension and breakage.
How can I maintain cornrow braids?
To maintain cornrow braids, you should regularly moisturize your scalp, avoid excessive pulling or tugging on the braids, and protect your hair at night with a satin scarf or bonnet.
Can I wash my hair with cornrow braids?
It\’s possible to wash your hair with cornrow braids, but it’s essential to be gentle and use a diluted shampoo to avoid frizz and maintain the integrity of the braids.
How can I style my cornrow braids for different occasions?
You can style your cornrow braids in various ways for different occasions, such as creating updos, buns, ponytails, or adding accessories like beads or cuffs for a more festive look.